Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to depositing and/or sharing specific content on a web server handled by a hosting vendor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's take a glimpse at them. In that way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to create a blog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service furnished by certain web hosts, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file storage services are frequently supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the tasks at hand between individual groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some companies provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous amount of pics with friends or partners since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail address accounts. Some firms offer hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you would like to create a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to have a web site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Duty Free Hosting, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content solely.